Thread: Smoke bomb
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
jb92563

Been there as well. The smoke was so thick that I could not see cars behind me and at a light I smoked out a whole block. Cars around me had to turn their headlights on as I drove it a 1000' to my house.
I estimate it burned 1.5 quarts of oil in those couple minutes.

It was so ridiculous I started to laugh once I recognized that it was just the AOS.

I thought that would be a nice feature to have on a switch though to rid yourself of tailgaters.

I think I paid around $130 a couple years ago for a new AOS from Pelican.
It came with a new bellows and clamps.

Its not a difficult fix, but a bit hard to get at.

I found it easiest with the rear jacked up, the passenger rear tire removed and the top in service position.

Pay careful attention to securing the rubber bellows properly as it would be easy to introduce an air leak there that would cause all manner of frustrations.

I wonder what it is that actually fails in the AOS.
My experience has been that its typically a $1 piece that fails in most mechanical things.
I still have the old one and plan to cut it open an see what goes on inside, and what fails.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote