View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
Steve Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka Minute View Post
So are you saying to stay away from a high miler and spend the money on a new low mileage car?
Personally I would say yes, leave the high mileage cars alone unless you are buying it for a project.

I bought my 2001 S back in 2008 from a Porsche Dealer - it came with a 12 month factory warranty and had 62,000km (38,000 miles). I have now 105,000km (65,000 miles) and have spent in the region of $US22,000 in upkeep in the 7 years of ownership.
Granted, some non essential's are included in the cost (Bilstein PSS9 suspension, 997 shifter, SS headers and cat delete pipes) but the vast majority of costs are maintenance items - and I do the maintenance myself, so labour is - er- free.
I did farm out the LN ceramic IMS bearing / clutch / crank seal to a professional ($4000) back in 2009 and a top repair / chain tensioner replacement to the Porsche Dealer, but all other repairs & maintenance was done by myself.

Last count, maintenance was +/- $US14,500 or about $US2,400 per year and that's with a low mileage car and the first year was under Porsche warranty.