View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
SD987

987 - 20K Service - Report

To my knowledge, I'm one of the first 987 owners on the board to have the 20K service performed, so I thought I'd post about it.

Minor maintenance: $285 - Expect to pay more, as my dealer provides free oil change/fluids for original customers.

TSB:
W566 - Adding convertible top emergency tool to the vehicle tool kit
W573 - Service Action - retrofitting studs for the engine carrier with caps
W574 - Installing washers on exhaust system bracket clamps

Reprogram: $60 (would imagine this actually takes about 30 seconds)
Daytime Running Lights
Doors to lock at 5 mph

An example of Porsche OBC screwage, as this can both be programmed by the driver on the Merc.

Replace rear tires: My current actual mileage is 18,750 but I'm at the wear bars on the rear which is why I brought it in a little early for service. Fronts still are good with more than 5000 miles of tread still. Tires were $206 apiece for each rear (not bad for the dealer when you factor in shipping and hassle for tirerack, or travel to some place like Wheel Enhancements). Balance Front tires + Perform wheel alignment brings the tire/alignment total to $795.

Grand Total: $1,140.00

The service writer also made the unsolicited comment that the 987s have been fantastic in terms of reliability, which was nice to hear.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky

Last edited by SD987; 05-31-2006 at 08:52 AM.
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote