Thread: Michelin Rocks!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Michelin Rocks!

I have to give Michelin a shout out

Our 04 Targa has Pilot Sport A/S-3 tires and the rears are worn down to slicks after only 11k miles. They have a tread life warranty of 45k and since it is staggered sizes, they cut that in half.

Now the warranty is only to the original purchaser and since I bought the car last year with those tires I should be SOL.

I called Michelin and spoke with their warranty dept. Excellent cust service skills. I told them the situation and I was asked if they could put me on hold for a minute or 2 so he could check and see what they could do for me.

He came back and told me they would do the adjustment just like I was the original purchaser! WooHoo. I just need to pay 40% of the replacement cost. Great deal

Now the 2nd problem, the size I have 275/30/19 are on nationwide backorder and wont be available until mid to late Jan 2016. Ok, I can go with 285/30/19 and those are at the local warehouse. Only problem, they are $35 more per tire

I call Michelin again, tell then the situation that bigger available tires have a 10% higher cost and after a brief hold, they adjusted the adjustment and now I have to only pay 30% of the replacement cost. Frickin incredible!

Now that is what I call customer service and a company that obviously cares about customer retention and goodwill. :dance:

I may have to rethink what tires I go with next time I need new tires
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 12-07-2015 at 01:19 PM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote