View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #7
mikefocke

The mechanic should have a standard form and a standard price for a PPI. Perhaps with several options.

Mine was three pages long and I saw a sample of one completed before I agreed to buy the car or paid for the PPI because I choose my mechanic before the car. I'd say it took 2-3 hours to do and at least an hour to go over the results with the owner and the buyer. I got the results in writing to.

I did have a leakdown as part of mine. My PPI found about $1,200 worth of things that should be done mostly things that were standard based-on-miles-driven items plus brakes all around. We did them (actually I added all the items on the 90k service recommendation since it was the most comprehensive and I was intent on establishing a baseline) and added tires and an alignment and I drove a trouble free car for 5 years that was more reliable than my Honda. I had owned a previous Boxster and expected those expenses.

There are enough cars around that if you want a PPI, you can go look for another car.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote