View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #42
jcslocum
Project Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkp4911 View Post
While I have many questions, what prompted me today was reading about your IMS puller. How do you tap only part of your thread? (Impossible circum.) We doing only 1/2 the length? (Re 8mmx1.0 vs 8mmx1.5). Other questions: Sonax tire cleaner? What happens to sensors when you delete the second set of cats? Do you weld bungs on the pipe itself? I'll be doing new clutch but waiting to see condition of flywheel. More but I'll keep them short and specific to your topics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I doubt that I'm all that inspirational but I thank you for saying so!!

The long coupling nut has the 1.5 (call it a coarse thread) thread all the way thru, so I just took a 1.0 ( fine thread) tap and started it on the other end and ran the new thread in. I didn't drill it or anything. Just ran it in 50% of the way to make sure it had enough thread engagement for the end of the bearing stud. If that had not worked, I would have welded 2, 1.0 nuts onto the end of the coupling nut.

Yup Sonax cleaner. That stuff is the bomb for wheels and engines and transmissions. If I were to go all OCD on it (or CDO depending on how bad you have it) I would h ave pulled out the small steam cleaner to get at the small crannies cleaned out.

There are no sensors for the 2nd set of cats. The new pipes have holes for sensors but they are not used.

Ask away. We have air cooled in the house too!
1986 944, 2000 Boxster
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote