View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
c310pilot

New Member, New Car, rent borrow IMS tools

My father owned a 99 Boxster for over ten years. When I went looking for a car to replace my 1.8 manual 99 VW Passat (240,000 miles), I had a hard time giving up the manual transmission. I ended up replacing the car with a 2012 Hyundai Azera with 25k and I also came home with a 2003 Boxster S with 26,000.

I have read IMS threads for a week now. I understand there are many ways to go about this but I have made my decision, Jake Raby's solution. I understand this is not the cheapest solution, but if economics were a factor I wouldn't have purchased the Porsche and is why I purchased a Hyundai as my driver. In an effort to make this a bit more practical I am going to replace this myself. It will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the car and bond with it.

If I could purchase a used set of tools or rent/borrow that would also be of great help. The one time fix negates owning the tools. The other option is I purchase the tools and sell them upon completion of the job. I already searched the forum so help would be appreciated.
c310pilot is offline   Reply With Quote