View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #7
itsnotanova

To bring the car and story up to date. Since getting it, I've sold or traded some parts that I didn't want or need. As some of you have alluded to, I no longer have the glass window top. I traded RandellNeighbor for a set of coilovers he took off his car. The top was like new, but I hate trying to work on a glass window top. I have a feeling I'm in the minority when it comes to preferring the plastic window. I also sold the radio, wheels, front bumper cover, taillights and headlights.

Today was it's first day on the operating table. I've had the car for a few months, but it's been so hot or I've been too busy to start working on it. I got a few hours of free time to work on it today and it's a great feeling when you get to work on your own car! I decided to start at the front. I bought brand new radiator hoses when I had plans to convert the 97 or 03. This boxster might only have 52k on it, but it's still 16 years old. The factory hoses were still pretty good, but I had brand new hoses so I went ahead and replaced them while I'm was there. It's not real hard and worth the piece of mind.

Taking the radiator and most of the hoses off are pretty self-explanatory once you start digging into it. The only real tricky part, are the second set of rubber hoses right before the long coolant tubes that lead to the back.

They have a tube clamp that can be a real PIA to get off in such a confined area. I hate that type of hose clamp and will be replacing them with the normal screw type hose clamps.

Three of the four clamps I was able to get off with this type of plier.

The forth clamp was a little harder because I didn't have a good set of pliers to reach it and had to get creative.

Here's a good pic with everything removed. I also removed the suspension so I could replace the factory struts with coilovers.