View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 04:45 AM   #19
koosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
You can also get carbon wrap in printed adhesive film. Hard to tell the difference if done right.
some of the vinyl is ok but in past experiance nothing compares to the real deal! also the vinyl can be real expensive aswell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Okay just do the back of my GT3 seats and we'll call it even.
hahah thats a big ol piece to do! very achievable however! you should look up the process (google carbon fibre skinning guide and theres a lexus forum and also a corvette forum which both have threads with alot of good info between them!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiwaz View Post
Does de vacuum bag apply directly to carbon? what vacuum bag do you use? and how much vacuum pressure?
i dont use the vacuum process, i just wet lay the carbon and build up various coats of resin/hardener and sand back to a smooth finish then finish off with standard car lacquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
I've done a few carbon parts, too. It's not difficult, but it requires patience and lots of time sanding and polishing to get the finish right. I didn't use a vacuum bag (I think that's more for real structural components); I just did a flood coat.
some of those bits look nice! i've never seen the bottoms of the door cards being done before also do you havea gt3 console delete in carbon too?
koosh is offline   Reply With Quote