View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
WillH

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Yes, in a street car a shock tower brace can help reduce front end flex but I doubt that it will solve the problem with squeaking interior components. The root cause of the problem is cheap interior parts which loosen and the problem isn't only a function of chassis flex or rough roads, a major contributor is simple old age.

In regards to a car with a full cage, the chassis is significantly stiffened by the cage. However, 90% of the interior is also removed so there are no speaks or rattles from those components.
Thanks for your input Tom,

While stripping the car might get rid of the squeaks, I don't think the better half would like that

If the strut braces give can reduce flex, then by some measure the squeaks should be reduced. Right now I'll take any reduction, I feel like I'm loosing a battle with the squeaks and it's starting to sound like my old camaro, but without the v8 symphony.
The cost of strut braces doesn't seam huge and has other benefits, all be they slight for a road car, (maybe not existent but they can't hurt either). Maybe I'll bathe the interior in gummifluge and silicon spray while I'm at it...
Maybe strip the interior the winter after and leather wrap everything, ya that should do it right?
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote