View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #23
lexuspilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
"Porsche has been successful by "not" deciding for the customer what he/she will pay.... for anything."

Hmmm, Porsche has been successful for about 9 yrs now, starting in 1997. By coincidence, that is when they brought out a "bargain" Porsche, ie the Boxster. When the Box came out, the value proposition was clear and folks bought them in droves. As the prices increased, sales started to tail off.

I speculate about problems for Porsche in the future.

I see the Cayeene sales decline. I see the Panamera as a limited flop. I see the Cayman and its offshoots creating product distinction issues.

In general, I see a general delcine in profitability for Porsche.

why?

The name is Piech. The sin is arrogance. The confounding variable is VW.

We'll see!

IMHO!
Yes, I remember Boxster's were so cheap! The offering of a more affordable Lamborghini does not make Lamborghini a value carmaker.
The "used" card market is where the Boxster was a value. From just reading thise site it is obvious that owners of new and owners of pre-owned Boxsters have completely different motives when choosing a Boxster. There are many 97-99 Boxster owners on here who would not be interested in a new base Boxster or even a new base Cayman. But the performance, pedigree and bling of a pre-owned Boxster make for a great deal of pre-owned value.

IMEHO

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote