Thread: sad day
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #18
paulofto
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Well, not bagged milk brutal, but weeks of sub freezing.

Remember, you chose to live there. It doesn't really count. It's like me moving to Alaska and carving a log home in the forest and claiming permafrost land as my yard. That's how I've always imagined sub-divisions in Vancouver or Toronto. Like 50 people in a forest. I can't imagine remote villages like Winnipeg. Do you get weekly plane drops of supplies including the bagged milk? Are you cut off from the main population for 6-7 months or what? I'm guessing satellite only and no utilities?

Eh?

Isn't Canada where Americans go to hide or escape or not be found for whatever reason?
Well it isn't ALWAYS winter up here. This summer was particularly nice and so far the fall is a welcome continuation. I was out yesterday with the top down even. 18C and very sunny.

BTW, Vancouver isn't really part of Canada. They are wanna be San Franciscans or Seattleites except with more rain. They wouldn't know a real winter at all. And Toronto, well i lived there for 28 years and they also have no idea what real brutal winters are. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Tuktoyaktuk and Rankin Inlet. Now THERE is winter. (tongue firmly in cheek)
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote