View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
Specwar

GHL Exhaust w/Eisenmann Tip - w/Drone Killer!

Hey I just wanted to show how I took the GHL Exhaust (sounded great but the drone got insane at 2700-3000 rpm. Top Up even more maddening) and changed the twin tips to an Eisenmann Tip.
I found the tip on Ebay for $90 delivered.

The original twin tips protruded too far - the resonators added to the drone as well.
I got the exhaust from a guy whose wife complained and it sat in his garage taking up space for $120!!!
Like new took it off his Boxster after 80 miles.

I also used the Car Chemistry builders kit baffles to virtually eliminate the drone.
Single baffle on each side worked great spent a total of $55 for the baffle rings and the center tube. Ordered it directly from car chemistry.
http://www.carchemistry.com/baffle-insert-builder-kits-and-parts/
I used about 3.5 inches of core tubing in the left baffle and 5 inches on the right baffle. I didn't use twin baffle rings nor longer tubing so not to change the sound drastically or add unwanted back pressure.

Labor was only $90!!! I was quoted over $200 at some so called reputable shops (more like they see your car and charge accordingly). The price was to remove the existing tips and fabricate tubing to mount the new tip and install the baffles then mount it all back up.
Plaza Muffler (the ORIGINAL location on 1st in Santa Ana, CA) did the work.

I hope you like the look as much as I do and for those of you with drone problems of which I know there are many - take a look at Car Chemistry to solve your headaches.

Here is the stock GLH set up

With the original tips removed

Eisenmann Tip with plumbing before it was attached.

Here is the tip mounted for prefitting prior to the baffles and welding onto the GHL

All Mounted up with baffles - BTW they didn't kill the sound at all just got rid of about 90% of the drone and vibration at 2700-3000rpm. You can see the baffles inside the tip.

Last edited by Specwar; 10-16-2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: clarification
Specwar is offline   Reply With Quote