View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
coolbreeze551

Third Radiator Kit for 986 blows my mind!!

I was looking on Suncoast parts website the other day and noticed that there was no specific kit for a third radiator on the 986 either for a base model or to replace a damaged S model one. As I was considering purchasing one in the near future for reasons irrelevant to this post I decided to call and inquire. After speaking with a couple of fantastic sales reps I found that maybe I could go with the GT3 version (which should fit according to the salesperson) or wait until another rep calls me back after inquiring further as to part numbers, compatibility, etc...

Much to my surprise I was contacted in less than 24 hours regarding my inquiry and was told that there is a listing on their website for the required 986 gear. Incredible, that a company like them would put something on their website so fast after a quick inquiry with their sales team, just incredible that a company is putting the customers request right to the top of the priority list. I go onto the website to not only find that the 986 kit is the most expensive third radiator kit in their inventory it is double and even close to triple the price of other third radiator kits they carry. WTF?! Am I wrong in thinking that this is crazy? There are 991 kits and 997 kits for a fraction of the cost and it is not making sense in my little financial p-brain. I have written to Suncoast inquiring about this price discrepancy (once to the salesperson directly and another to a general mailbox) but the salesperson confirmed that it's not a glitch I imagine I will get back a bunch of "sorry, that is unfortunate" type of stuff from the general box so can someone explain this to me because I haven't a clue? Maybe I am underestimating the shift in the supply and demand equilibrium for this product/vehicle or even worse an underlying paradigm shift that I was unaware of?

Sorry about the rant, stuff like this gets me wound up sometimes.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote