Thread: Top problem
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
CrisZenithBlue

hi John! i love the holidays as much as the next guy but that sounds very frustrating

i have issues with my top as well and from what i've learned it could be the relay, one of the microswitches or the top/clamshell is not aligned. been trying to figure mine out for a while with no luck. my next step is to swap relays with someone to see if that might be the culprit.

in your case it sounds like it could be the plastic gears inside the transmission broke. if thats the case you could just buy metal gears for them, you can find them as aftermarket parts separately. i would open up the transmissions to see.

your clicking is probably from the "clock" looking thing where the wheel mounts, if that is not aligned properly it would do that.
airbag light might be the connector inside the wheel itself. either way it sounds like you have to take the wheel off. it should be easy to diagnose and fix.

i'm in Miami if you need any help with that i could give you a hand, i've learned a few things about the top transmission and steering wheel.

good luck!!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote