View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #145
steved0x

I did some pulls a while back before and after doing my UDP and found a couple things.

The first was that (at least with my Bluetooth odbii reader) I was only getting updates once a second, useless for counting time to make pulls from x rpm to y rpm. I then used durametric which can read many times a second. Still not conclusive, probably due to many factors, grade of road, temp, and who knows what else still felt more powerful.

I think your idea of measuring a specific metric like air flow at WOT has a better chance fir a meaningful result. Or if you were able to do multiple before and after runs on the same day, same temps, etc.

There is a good thread on rennlist somewhere about doing pulls with a durametric that may be helpful and I will try. They focused on pulls in 3rd which did not get a person too high into the triple digits.

Good luck and looking forward to reading more.

I have got a cold air intake I picked up with a trailer I bought, while unsure of the various benefits it does come with the makings of a new intake tube that may be useful to folks doing this mod, look for it in the for sale in the next week or two.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote