View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
marks44

Help wanted to upgrades to Boxster 2.7 tip

Hi
Need some help and advice on updating my Boxster 986 2.7.
I bought this car in December with 72k,Ocean blue Met/savanna beige leather,mechanically sound,and apart from some options completely standard.I have enjoyed vollowing the WEC, so its taken me without a hitch to Silverstone, Spa,Le Mans and Nurburgring, plus around the UK...so im gonna keep it.
Which is where your advice would be appreciated.The bodywwork could do with a little TLC, rear bumper needs a repair and respray as does the bonnet, and a machine polish is on the cards.
The interior is a mixture of the beige leather, black plastic and colour coded central arm rest, other than aluminium accents on door handles and gear lever, thats it.
I have a disability that means I cant fit behind a standard sized wheel, so I had a custom wheel made in savanna and black with a aluminium colour coded top ring.
The car is standard apart from that.
Exterior bodywork..Do I pay for a repair and respray of the original parts or find facelift parts from post 2004 987 to update the exterior?As this all has to be done by the garage, the opportunity to get parts from csrap dealers may be avaliable.
Inside...gotta lift it out of black plastic, dash kits,removal of some trim to colour coded and refitted to update it?Again any y suggestions wwould be welcome?
I want to keep the car as standard as possible so no mods that would not be in keeping with the brand.
Over to you...
marks44 is offline   Reply With Quote