View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #14
spinedoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianacole View Post
I go back and forth between the Boxster ('97, being sloooooowly converted to a specBoxster) and my 2014 Challenger SRT8 (470HP/470TQ) ... both are completely different driving experiences, but both completely enjoyable in their own ways.
Interesting, the Challengers are fun cars. Different animals….I have to confess that when I saw the new Hellcat Challenger with 707 hp, I was like "Whoa!"…...

I drive a '14 Escape Titanium as my main DD, and it's a decent vehicle. Handles well for a small SUV, runs well, has some pickup……no complaints.

However, it does NOT handle like the Boxster. It simply doesn't drive as well. But, it was never designed to. It's the grocery getter, DD, shuffle my daughter and her friends around in car.

NOW, my neighbor just bought an '06 blue Corvette, and let me drive it. I have to confess, I miss that raw horsepower. I was interested in the handling, and thought for sure the Boxster would completely blow it out of the water with handling. I wouldn't say that.

While I think the Boxster does handle a little better, it's not as big a difference as I thought, and I was really blown away with how that Vette drove. I've driven older Vette models. C2's, C3's, and C4's…and always walked away a little disappointed with how they handled…..

Not this C6. I think GM, while not having caught Porsche, is making some big inroads in that manner. I do think the interior on Boxster, despite being a '98, was nicer than the interior on that '06 Vette.

It's gotten me thinking about picking up a used C6 Vette in VY to sit in the garage next to the Boxster…..different cars….satisfying different urges. Why not?
spinedoc is offline   Reply With Quote