View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Wintermute

Professional detailing

OK, so I've been trying to figure out the best way to get my 02 S detailed. I have access to an orbital polisher (don't have the $ right now to buy my own) but I don't have a swirl remover, polish, sealant, or the most important ingredient: Time. I got a quote on a professional detailer that can do the whole process for me. This includes:

1) Full wash and water spot removal.
2) Clay bar of entire car
3) Swirl remover with a product called Presta (Googled it and it seems pretty good)
4) Teflon paint sealant from a company called Car Brite (also seems like a quality product).

The price he quoted me is around $120. Their Web site has many pics of other cars they have done (including several restored 911s and some very nice Ferraris) and they seem to do good work.

Now I don't mind doing the washing and clay bar work myself, or even applying wax or sealant as needed. But I just don't have the time to do the full paint prep and decontamination required. So if I pay this guy to do the whole thing, how long would it be before I had to redo the swirl removal and decontamination part? I know sealants last 4-6 months, but does that mean that I need to repeat the entire process every 6 months or can I simply reapply the sealant after a good wash and clay bar? I would seem to me that a swirl remover is only needed when the swirls become noticeable.

Any thoughts/opinions would be apreciated.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote