View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 AM   #11
steved0x

Cool article, and I wonder if it was a paid placement for the Falken Azenis RT615-TK:

Quote:
They're the rubber of choice in wheel-to-wheel racing and autocross events that specify a 200 treadwear rating
Hmmm.... They *are* cheap and one of the few sizes that you can get for a 14" Miata wheel, however now that you can get the Direzza ZII in that size nobody is running them. I've only ever seen them 1 or 2 times else in a sea of Hankook RS-3, Rivals, Direzza, and the new RE71R. They do have a pretty neat tread pattern though

Quote:
When my Boxster was delivered in 2004, it came with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, sized at 225mm width in front and 255mm width in the rear.
265 not 255

Quote:
the Boxster would periodically spit coolant out of its fill tube onto the inside of my trunk lid
Like this?

Mine has never done that thankfully, I wonder what the cause was? Garden variety overheating?

Very cool article and it would have been nice to have some lap times and comparisons. Maybe when the full supercar article comes out they will have a sidebar with Boxster info?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote