View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #9
DarkStar

Garage
But the GT is sold to the General Public... And its not a full blown race car. the 919 is a full blown race car. Its just like any other Ferrari or Lamborghini Sold to the rest of the public. In fact, you'll never see a stock GT in a legit race against actual race cars. And Paul Walker knew what he was doing, he was a car enthusiast. He had a car collection. He liked speed. And the results would have happened either way. The wreck was done at around 100mph... I've done 140 Easilly in my Boxster, Its not a Race Car. I've done 167MPH in my Old Mitsubishi. Its not a race car. Toyota Supra's are well known for cruising speeds of 200mph, They aren't Race Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I think you're missing my point. It's not an issue of protecting us from ourselves.
It's simply a reminder that if a company chooses to sell a full blown racing car for road car use (by amateurs), then a business executive must be fully prepared for the fatality that will occur (not if). And since these are public roads then you must also take into account that someone with more wallet than driving skill may end up killing the mom in a Honda on her way to work. These are all huge risks that you take with your brand when you make a decision like that. A decision that was made even after Walter Rohrl said the car made his very experienced hands turn white (aka a red flag). It's like the guy who announces to everyone that he's decided to roll the dice and decides to stop paying for home insurance. The next week a tree crashes into his bedroom while he's asleep. Don't act so surprised when it predictably goes the other way.