View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 07:07 AM   #11
Deren

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Is the rear spoiler motor not functioning?

Looks great otherwise!

Couple of tips for you:

Don't overfill the motor with oil. It causes all kinds of repairs and can damage your motor in far more expensive ways than overfilling, say, a Toyota.

Don't leave the top down when you're not in or very near the car. Some jealous person spit out their chewing gum in my car once and another time they threw an empty soda can in the driver's seat. It's also a good idea to raise the top whenever you're not in the car because if it rains and water accumulates under the driver's seat, the computer found there will cost you a lot to replace. Additionally, the sun is brutal on the interior bits.

I do not rev the motor past 4k rpms until it's fully warmed up. Then, I take the motor to near redline at least a couple of times each time I drive the car. Although high revs do shorten the life of the motor, it's said to help with lubrication and preventing the dreaded intermediate shaft bearing (IMS bearing) from cratering on you.

Downshifting without rev-matching can cost you a lot more than a cheap set of brake pads. Consider just braking instead of downshifting.

Other than that, drive it like you stole it, but be careful! You need to live to be 26 and 36, and 46...

I've already overfilled the oil due to a family member thinking his a mechanic. Which caused my AOS to fail. Which I have to take care of
I'll definitely keep the roof up or down scenarios in the back of my head haha.
I'm hoping I don't have an IMS issue when my mechanic does the oil change I will be looking at the oil for some metal bits for peace of mind.
I do drive it like I stole it so fun, feels so planted
Just enough power
Also the rear spoiler does work I just put it up every time I get in. I think it looks better but that's just me
Deren is offline   Reply With Quote