Thread: Rear trunk lid
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #6
stevendalia

Well, the emergency cable was not attached. I had taken off the rear wheel, and removed the hardware holding the rear plastic wheel shield. I found the cable and pulled gently and inch or two, but all I felt was it sliding through the sheath. I then tried to access the opening to the trunk. Unfortunately, as much as I could reach around and try to access the way into the trunk, I could not. I did follow the cable to the grommet, but that is still outside the compartment. How someone said he could see the latch is beyond me. Anyway, I removed the spoiler and started to feel around for the nuts on the bracket attached to the lid. I only had very minor success. I managed to turn one about 1/4 turn (two 1/8 turns), and then had to turn the wrench around. I couldn't get it on again. I tried the other one, and could not even find it. I will look for a longer wrench and/or a slim box end with a ratchet. This will take patience. Fortunately, I do have the time. You now know as much as I do, and maybe more.