View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #32
Porsche9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I picked up a distressed income property during the recent housing collapse (there will be other meltdowns...such is the nature of the securitization chain) but it has not come close to matching the performance of the left side of the table, particularly in IT in the same period of time. I've come to the conclusion that between hitching your car to the tail of U.S. corporate wealth and property whether income or primary residence, it's no contest for me. Corporations always finish first and more so going forward.
I can't complain. The properties I picked up in 2010 and 2011 have doubled in value and having only put down 10% that equals a 1000% capital gain in addition to the earnings from rent. Phoenix saw a big time over correction in real estate with values bottoming out in 2011 that helped and many big corporations took advantage of (Blackstone being one of them). In the same time "corporate" returns have done very well but none that I own have exceed this. Between careful investing and some luck the average Joe can do well. Certainly better to put your money to work then continuing to work for money at those corporations just to meet the monthly payments for things that make you look rich. That is why I drive a paid for 13 year old Boxster and a 8 year old Mini. I enjoy them as much as all of the bigger buck cars I've owned without the big purchase costs and killer depreciation. I look forward to purchasing a highly depreciated well cared for low milage 981S.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote