View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #8
Topless
Track rat

Garage
My 2c

I have been around here for a while and generally think this is one of the best car forums anywhere. Most everyone is respectful and there is a full spectrum of ownership here including pro wrenches, DIY wrenches, shade-tree modders, concours types, track rats ,daily drivers, and general enthusiasts. A pretty diverse group who get along pretty well.

This forum is for the open exchange of ideas and sometimes folks are gonna disagree. Sometimes there are spirited disagreements about a general idea, activity or procedure. I don't think this is bullying as long as the activity is the focus of the conversation, not the individual member. If a topic gets too heated I just step out. No harm, no foul. It's just a car forum.

Bullying to me gets personal. Personal name calling, stalking, harassing posts or PMs, personal attacks or threats of violence, or inciting others to pile on a single forum member are the definition of bullying. When it gets personal, somebody is out of line and it's time to shut it down. This is pretty consistent with 986 forum rules of conduct I believe.

It's just a car forum. If someone annoys you just move on to a different topic for a while.

Last edited by Topless; 09-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote