View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
Pdwight

I have never understood the F150 thing, never. It seems to happen all the time here and they are almost always a stock F150...I Mean it's a factory truck....its not supposed to be fast off the line and they do not corner.

I was driving home from my fiance's home in TN one night (wife now), it was late for me around 11:30 or so. I Pulled out onto a fabulous road for a sports car that I drove all the time...curvy and banked the right way with fresh pavement. It was a picture perfect night, 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. The 2 lane road was completely deserted and I was in no hurry. I pulled out behind a F150 that had been sprung over with crazy wide tires that stuck out badly and thought nothing of it...it's very common here. I had the top down and was behind him and we were doing about 50mph....when I saw whoever was in looking back at me from the window...I was not tailgating them. After about 2 miles the speed dropped to about 20 at which time I said , well I am going around. The second I eased by him he gunned the truck and swerved toward me a bit and I floored the S and it shot ahead like a rocket. and I assumed the speed limit 50mph....he rode up behind me and flashed his brights, the horn...revved the engine ...you know an imbecile. I thought well I just bought tires, it is a perfect night lets see how that truck will hang on corners. I had driven those same curves at 70 easily so I just took the S up to 60 and waited.......he made the first curve with his tires complaining very loudly....he did not make the second curve...the bloated truck swapped ends and came to a stop...smoke billowing out the imation 18 wheeler stacks and I stopped and backed up and got close and asked if they were OK

I have never been cussed in my life like that night, he said something about my Mother....and I said I didn't know we were related and left him sitting there....didnt care how or if he made it home or his passengers.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote