Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
denverpete

I see where you are coming from but you are definately missing a couple of key points.

First is that the sentances containing "my rules" and "we bought" are mutually exclusive. Either it's my car with my rules or it's our car with our rules.

It sounds to me like you're the one making all the rules and then justifying them to both your wife and yourself. I'd be curious as to your reaction if your wife made a few rules of her own regarding the Boxster. Run my suggested rules by your wife and see if she likes them....

"My general rule is that he can drive it no more than once a week provided I'm not already using it - we didn't buy it for him to drive. He's not allowed to go over 35 mph and I must approve where he's going ahead of time to ensure it's parked appropriately. I'm okay with him occasionally driving over 35 provided I'm with him at the time."

As to putting wear and tear on your car - I agree with your wife. I don't get the people here who put it away or only drive it when it's nice. It's a Boxster not a freaking Enzo (speaking of which I had a black Enzo pass me on Sunday and OMGOD is that a beautiful machine). Does it make sense to use it as a commuter vehicle if you also have an older car (maybe better gas mileage)? Probably not. But I strongly believe she should have a voice in this. Maybe you should sell her other car and let the Boxster be her vehicle. Then.... Buy another one as YOUR Sunday driver...

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top