Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
porscheracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton
My wife thinks that I am unreasonable when it comes to my rules around driving the Boxster, so I think I need some other opinions.

We purchased the Boxster as a third car with the intention it will only be driven in the Summer for fun driving, dates out etc..

I refuse to drive the car to work b/c I park at a commuter lot which I don't think is safe (My Touareg has a big dent in the hood to confirm that). My wife parks in a garage so I'm OK with her taking it to work on occasion.

My general rule is that she can drive it to work as long as it's nice out (ie not raining) and that she only drives it 3 times a week. I don't want her to stack miles on the car commuting to and from work - Not why we bought it.

Now I'm getting pressure from her to drive it more often regardless of rain etc... She claims, why have the car if you aren't going to drive it. She is doing all kinds of calculations to determine the cost per time we drive it etc.. to prove her point.

I'm holding strong that the car was not intended to be used for commuting. I also have to admit a jealousy issue since she can drive it to work and I can't

So I'm open to opinions - am I being over the top?
Your Boxster is not a lawn ornament!
Drive and enjoy it! life is to short...

:dance: