View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
My_Name_is_Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
If the service book is there, it has a option label in it. You can also take the vin to a Porsche dealer and they should be able to print you a build sheet which has all the options and original price

If you go on Rennlist, you may be able to find someone local to the car to do a Rennfax, which is someone taking a good look and test drive the carand give yo their opinion before you make the joiurney.

As an FYI, just because the IMSB was replaced, does not mean it will be problem free. Even the LN bearing has had failures. Yes, that is documented by statements from none othere than Charles Navarro, owner of LN

Now in fairness, often those after replacement failures are due to improper installation or failure to properly inspect and clean an engine that had an IMS failure or other crap in the engine that caused the replacement bearing to fail. But in any case, replacement IMSB have and will fail
Thanks. I forgot about asking about the service book. I believe he has it so I'll ask for a copy of the label in the book.

I am no longer a paying member of Rennlist. I let it lapse when I sold my 928 years ago. That would have been an excellent avenue to pursue had I maintained my membership.

Understand about the IMS replacement not being 100% safe, but its better than not doing it at all. I appreciate the info...
My_Name_is_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote