View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #43
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_inquiry View Post
Well.... AMG's are "family sedans" too, but they do 12 second quarters and beat new Z06s when they came out. "Family sedan" does not equal slow

I'm just shocked at the numbers, like I said a 13.0 second car should have been several car lengths ahead of me, not in my rearview mirror.

That's the problem, you're a numbers boy. It's not a measuring contest.

Who cares if a family sedan has 800 ft lbs

I mean I want one and think they're amazing cars, but you're driving a Porsche, beating a boosted sedan shouldn't be a needed validation for you.

Not to mention that if you are going to take a competitive nature to cars which I understand, I just don't see the place for it on the road, how can you know if he was giving it 10/10s, he wasn't. The results are simply invalid and environment uncontrolled not to mention the lack of skill it takes to race between lights.

If you do want to prove your driving skills go to the track, but what you're doing is more of a look at me I beat a 350z driven by some pimple boy, why can't you be above that?

How come simply driving a mid engine European sports car, and enjoying it on a personal level for the most part within the law isn't enough and instead you have to beat a lazy bubble of a car from the worst excuse of a car maker in the eastern hemisphere to feel good about yourself.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote