View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
Top_Ramen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheBound View Post
I love all the butt hurt street racing posts. Everyone has this broken idea of what a street race is. I think most older gentleman in this group have seen one too many fast and furious movies and took it to heart. There are plenty of scenarios where a street race is just as safe on the street as it is on a track if not more safe because some scenarios allow for greater areas of error unlike the track where you have a far greater chance of going into a jersey wall.

Not saying this was the scenario but what's the harm in putting 2 performance cars to the test if your on an open stretch of road with no one else around? Only people getting hurt would be those involved. Just like at a track.

As someone that was a previous "street racer" I 100% agree with this. "Street racing" in my eyes is dead now due to misconceptions and the new "racers" that think blasting on the highway is racing.

When I was younger, me and my buddies used to head out racing almost EVERY weekend. But was it dangerous?? **************** yeah, but we took as many precautions as we could, like setting up the race at a different location or even online so we wouldn't have an exodus of cars following us and maybe endangering if 1 of the cars racing got sideways. We also would go somewhere secluded wide enough in case of error, long enough to have stopping room, and definitely not on the highway blasting too 180mph+ speeds that you see these days all over the internet.

....I loved every second of it. Getting a call for a potential race, loading up the trailer, arguing for countless hours about stipulations, and just the rush of testing your car and yourself trying to stick rubber to unprepped pavement. Call me wreckless, ignorant, whatever etc. It's an American past time in my opinion but so frowned upon now because of media and people not knowing what they're doing

...Sorry for the long rant, but back on topic, I don't think the 335 was on it
Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote