View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 02:37 AM   #7
Santafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyed7711 View Post
I opened my door with a dead battery, when the window wasn't lowering that 1/2 inch or so that it normally does, by just applying gentle opening pressure and easing the window out from under the top seal. Not saying you won't break your window doing that, but that's what I did.
Yes I've done this quite a few times on my own Boxster and a few other owners cars, I simply unlocked the drivers door with the key, placed my forefinger center topmost against the door glass and gently pushed it inwards at the same time pulling the door open, the glass slipped out from below the hood.
If you don't want to use this method then do as Particlewave suggests ( he's spot on ) and use the emergency hood release behind the passengers side headlight, the only problem I encountered was trying to find the little wire release cable, I couldn't get my hand/arm in as my car has lowered suspension & I couldn't turn the steering ( door locked ) so I just removed the wheel . It's a good idea when you do find the release cable to place some heavier cord through the fine steel loop or put on leather gloves, as it takes a firm pull to release the hood latch, I've cut a few fingers on occasions.
Santafe is offline   Reply With Quote