View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #10
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Name_is_Dan View Post
It has always been my rule that one shouldn't pay no more than NADA pricing on any vehicle...

I fully understand cars are a depreciating asset, so I'm well aware the longer you own it, the less it is worth. I get that. But, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the initial cost - where it is higher than book.

So, can someone explain Boxster pricing to me? Would you pay more than book value, and if so, why?
To answer your question(s), my guess is that you consider the Boxster to be an asset; some may/may not share this opinion. It logically follows that I (personally) don't share this opinion or your "rule" (above). Now, granted, I don't go to Cheesecake Factory whenever I damn well please, like others may do ... but, I am willing to pay for something I want - even if it is more than some other statistic or model states. I do appreciate having a warranty and specific options, so I buy new or build a car to taste. I don't spend much time worrying about depreciation, because I do not consider it an asset belonging to my portfolio, though it may be. But that's me.

Last edited by cfos; 08-14-2015 at 10:23 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote