View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
e.roc

Smile Any advice, poorly running Boxster

Hi All! New to the forum and I am already here begging for advice. Sorry...

I have a 2001 2.7L Boxster. (51,000 miles) I had to access the engine compartment a few weeks ago and read somewhere that the air filter was in here and should be change. ( Haven't had the car very long) I access the filter and the foam material was disintegrated and laying in the bottom of the air box. It was all vacuumed out and the new filter installed. Then the check engine light came on and the car started running very poorly. Low end hesitation.... no torque. My mechanic friend scoped the car and the O2 sensors on both sides were showing codes. He felt it must be something else causing the faults since it was both sides. The codes were cleared and the intake was dismantled. A few more pieces of foam were located and removed. Also, the upper oil filler tube was replaced. The car is still running poorly and the trim values are very high, running rich. The mechanic does have a lot of Porsche experience and his wife is having a baby today so he is going to be away for a while. I only have a few weeks of Summer left. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Are the O2's bad? I don't know if it was pre or post. MAF? Fuel Filter? I have also developed a parasitic drain.... any chance these issues are related? Thank you in advance for any assistance ya'll can provide.
e.roc is offline   Reply With Quote