View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
abranovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper10000 View Post
I bought an '02 base last year with 136,000 miles. Even at 90,000 miles, I would expect to do a suspension overhaul. Shocks are not cheap and then there are all the track arms and control arms, etc. It quickly adds up. Also consider brakes and tires and condition of convertible top. I'm sure some of those things will come up on a PPI but just know that the suspension parts add up fast, even doing it yourself. I'm slowly doing suspension work a little at a time so I'm not dumping a lot of money at once. Oh, and that $2000 a year maintenance that you may hear of, it's true. Good luck with the car if you go with it! It is a fun car!

I was thinking about the suspension--- I figure there are a few thousand tied up in that. I'd probably do it a little at a time as well.

I had also been thinking about brakes and tires. Apparently the front pads and rotors were just recently done. Leaving me to likely do the rears.

The car also has new rear tires.

I had planned to budget 2k/yr in maintenance.

Essentially I'm hoping to here from you guys about some things I wouldn't know to look for unless I owned a Boxster!! Thanks in advance for any input.
abranovi is offline   Reply With Quote