View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #16
Perfectlap

When it comes to any water-cooled Porsche, the only "limited" factor that gets a premium among knowledgeable and informed buyers if a limited production engine (like the GT3, GT3 RS or RS 4.0). Otherwise mass produced engine in a "limited edition" Porsche still makes it a mass produced car. And actually it can be a negative because special edition colors can turn off a big part of the pool of buyers...kind of like selling a new house with a pink interior painted by Yoshi. Great value for a fan of that but most aren't interested in something so conspicuous.

The value in that car you posted is the low mileage and CPO from an actual Porsche dealership. But being a 987.1 means its likely to take a hit on resale since the 987.2's are now a full calendar year out of warranty and will begin pushing down the prices of all Boxsters below it very soon. If 987.2 Spyders's are now dipping into the $40K's I think that SE orange Boxster is $35-37K, probably on the higher end since the car is essentially like new. I bought my 986 S with only 9K miles for about 50% of the original sticker. A mass produced water-cooled Porsche with only 20K miles is maybe the perfect jumping on point. Let the previous owner take the hit on depreciation, save a boat load, get a like new Porsche and sell the car after a couple of years so that the next owner deals with new suspension, clutch, etc.,etc.... "In by 20K out by 50K" then with the savings, go buy some shares of the VHT, VGT or VDC. win win.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-07-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote