View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
ocada

Clear liquid leak by right rear tire

Hey everyone,

So I have a 2004 Boxster. I bought it three years ago with 27,000 from an owner who meticulously maintained it. I recently noticed a small drip about 9 inches inside the rear right tire. I first noticed it about a week ago after a drive. Although I left the car in the garage for the past week, there was still a very small amount leaking as a puddle kept reappearing.

The liquid is clear and almost water like. It has a very very slight viscosity so I don't believe it is is just water.

It has been hot out here, but I normally drive with the top down and haven't been using the AC so I don't believe it's run off from that.

Looking through the forums it appears it could be a shock leak or a coolant leak. I've read that shock fluid is clear which makes me hope that is the problem. I've read somewhere that Porsche coolant is green, but that it can also be clear? My car is maintained by a well regarded Porsche Indy shop in OC, California so they are only using Porsche stuff.

I'm obviously worried about the coolant leak as I replaced a leaking head gasket two years ago. I saw in another thread that there is a coolant run off pipe near the location I'm talking about. What I'm unsure of is if it is normal to have the coolant running out like this or if this is a problem? The engine is running at a normal temp of 190-200 and I've never over heated it. I haven't had a chance to look in the engine bay itself or get under the car.

Any advice would be appreciated on this. Thanks guys.
ocada is offline   Reply With Quote