View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #20
mikefocke

Comments on the ad

Sold several cars via Craigslist. Each within 4 hours of posting. The cars were almost stock, had records, were well cared for, had something that distinguished them and the asking price was in line with the competition. They were relatively low mileage. I could have sold 5 of each within the first day. The buyers came to my little town from 50 miles away.

The problem I see with this ad is someone put serious money into a car with 140k miles and probably only $1k of that is recoverable. Not like they had the engine rebuilt. Old engine, IMS, shocks, transmission, suspension, etc. Unimpressive tires. I don't think the false badging helps a true Porsche fan either. Makes me wonder if there is some other false advertising.

Really nice looking and good upgrades but options and upgrades don't bring anywhere near what they cost unless the car is a true collectable or are exactly what someone wants. A '99 Boxster is simply a wonderful but 16 year old car. A 140k+ miles car is not like a 60k one in terms of instant attraction.

I hate to throw cold water but, when a same year same color Boxster with ~50k less miles is the car just below yours on a local Craigslist search and it is asking several k$ less than this ad asks and it has the purist desired transmission and is in the same color, which are they going to be calling about?

Good luck, it is a beauty.

Last edited by mikefocke; 07-28-2015 at 04:09 PM.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote