Thread: Cursed SmartTop
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #7
gtoger
ASE Certified Idiot

Garage
Thanks, guys.

For the record, I understand these modules are typically very reliable. In my case, I either received a cursed module, or the electronics of my car will only operate intermittently. Since the top goes up and down exactly as advertised with the stock relay, I tend to rule the car out.

At any rate, I'll try and decide what to do next. The best part of the SmartTop mod (to me) is the one-touch up/down feature. It makes the top operate exactly like the windows. That's how it should have been from the factory (but I understand why it wasn't... you have to manufacture for the idiots who would otherwise chop their body parts off in the top.) That's why I like this mod better than the "freebie" and am willing to pay a bit for it.

Unfortunately in my case, this just did not work out and turned into a fiasco.

I'm in no way disparaging the seller or the product. This just wound up being a cursed, and very expensive, problem for me.
1990 Pontiac Trans Am GTA .:. 1990 Corvette ZR-1 (#1930) .:. 1992 Pontiac Firehawk (#010)
1931 Ford Model A Tudor .:. 1967 Pontiac GTO .:. 1986 Pontiac Trans Am basket-case
gtoger is offline   Reply With Quote