Thread: Cursed SmartTop
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
gtoger
ASE Certified Idiot

Garage
Cursed SmartTop

So I got a SmartTop module because they look really great and would be super convenient, right? Yup. So the first time I use it, the convertible top snaps 2 pushrods. It wound up taking about $2,000 to put the top back together with new transmissions and everything.

Got the car back home, swapped the SmartTop back in again, and it works intermittently. Go back and forth with the vendor, and we agree I got the only SmartTop module ever made that has something wrong with it.

Vendor says "send it back, and I'll replace it." No problem. Took the module to the post office, got it all packaged up, dropped it off and sent it to Las Vegas.

Today I get a message from the vendor that essentially says the package appears to have been damaged, the part fell out, and essentially, no refund and they can't replace what they didn't receive.

I filed a claim for the purchase price plus the shipping of the SmartTop with USPS. In the end, I will probably be lucky to receive $50.

So let's see... about $2000 in damage. $360 for the part. No cool automatic top. Only misery and heartache.

Yeah, this is a pity party post. Sorry. I'm so upset I have to vent it someplace.

Next time I guess I'll just be content to keep my damned finger on the button, and keep the hand brake engaged. PITA, but whatever...:ah:
1990 Pontiac Trans Am GTA .:. 1990 Corvette ZR-1 (#1930) .:. 1992 Pontiac Firehawk (#010)
1931 Ford Model A Tudor .:. 1967 Pontiac GTO .:. 1986 Pontiac Trans Am basket-case
gtoger is offline   Reply With Quote