View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Occasionally drive the wife's 2011 Subaru WRX, for a "rally car" design it leaves me a little cold. Body roll that leaves you guessing about the next corner, the tires leave the ground easier than you might think. You sit up high and youre surrounded by glass, I feel like I want to keep the tinted windows up just for some damn privacy. The audio just isnt there, and Im not talking about the radio, and theres a nice drone at speed (stock exhaust). It has a heavy clutch thats likely comparable to a Boxster S, my base clutch is smooth and light. While the car has an aggressive look, in the hot metallic blue it definitely turns heads, but ultimately it feels like Im driving an economy car that knows somebody who works at a aftermarket performance shop. The Box, on the other hand, feels like youre climbing into the cockpit of a jet fighter. The design of the fun seat hugs you, and the throttle rewards you if not with blinding speed but with a audible bliss directly behind your left ear. The view out the side mirrors overlooking the rear tire humps gives you the impression that theres some serious meat on the back axle and that the ground is not far from where your butt is currently planted. You are very sure of what the next corner will feel like and how the car will react, even if your skills taking that corner will likely be far less than ideal, its ok, you know the Box will forgive you. So you find yourself seeking out long, winding roads devoid of speed limits and traffic to experience the car in its purest form. It inspires you to drive, if nothing else just for the wind in your hair and the noise in your ears.

Last edited by TypeA; 07-18-2015 at 01:38 PM.
TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote