View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
RandallNeighbour

I had them on my car for 3 years. Worked great.

They can be noisy though and contributed to my overall suspension rattle/squeak/creak issues. They're not rubber or poly bushing based. They have a steel ball in its place.

Plus, they are quite a bit heavier than the standard aluminum units from Porsche. The ones for the rear are just as heavy if not heavier.

OP: In my opinion, the only reason you'd buy these is if you put coilovers on the car and dropped it an inch or more and you needed an adjustable toe arm to get the front wheels into alignment. You'd do all this to make it a better track car... once again, my opinion. Our cars handle great with the stock suspension setup.

The more adjustable race type suspension stuff you put on your car the more it will diminish ride comfort and increase noises of various sorts and from other places aside from your suspension.

The entire reason I abandoned my coilovers and adjustable toe arms was the harsh ride and the way it made my car rattle like a handful of bolts and nuts in the back of a pickup truck driving down a dirt road. Not pleasant for the street.

IMO, keeping the suspension stock and using Porsche parts makes a lot of sense. I've fiddled around with aftermarket parts for a number of years and have been disappointed in the quality, durability, and performance of aftermarket stuff. The only exception would be the Tarrett drop links you mentioned. For some reason the factory ones crap out so quickly that I think this is a solid move on your part.

Now do I think Porsche factory suspension parts have quality rubber bushings? Nope. It's just quieter and lighter than the other stuff.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 07-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote