View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 02:12 AM   #4
WillH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
This may have been covered, so excuse me if it has. Lots of discussions of the Chevy LS series engines being put into Boxsters, We have seen Subaru and Audi power plants either being planned or actually adapted. So I wondered why has not a late model Cayenne small V8 been done...it would still be Porsche and much more HP than stock....
I believe the Cayenne block is based on the Audi block. I thought Brad Roberts was going down this route and also doing an LSx. He then seemed to drop off of the net.
It would be a good question to put to Nerv if their development works for the Porsche 8 as well.

The main issue with the Porsche v8 from my understanding is that it is a considered a truck engine and there are places your not allowed transplanting truck engines into cars and passing emissions testing with them.

If and when my 6 dies I'll be calling Nerv. No cutting and plug and play is what I want. Watching the LSx swap here, while interesting and I'm sure a great ride when it's finally all buttoned up, is just too much involvement for me. Not to mention the fact that the car would no longer be road legal here after cutting.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote