View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #10
DMage

Durametric showed RKAT at 4 and 3.8 at idle. Not sure what it maxes out at, assuming 4.5 which seemed to be the highest reading I had at one point. Issue appears to be with both banks, and its just that the P0128 hasn't tripped yet due to whatever inherent delay in the system.

Took the MAF out again as I just cleaned it a few weeks ago. Looking it over this time noted a 'REMAN' sticker on it. Did some digging and couldn't come up with which company it was. However, in my research I found that my car SHOULD have the earlier MAF sensor, and the REMAN was of the later style (at least from its plastic casing). Have a sneaking suspicion the previous owner may have had an independent shop replace it and they were not aware of what they were doing - just went with the cheapest option.

Picked up the MAF that *should* be correct for the car. The Idle is now at 14-16 kg/h and 3000 RPM at 60-62 kg/h, so 15-20% off at the low end and 5-10% off at the high end. Wondering if this is my ultimate problem. Going to run with the older style MAF for a bit and see if this truly was the case.

Also, picked up two pre-cat O2 sensors to replace the existing, as one looks generic (non OEM) and the other looks original. Hope this will tackle the P1115 code. For anyone interested, RockAuto has AIRTEX / WELLS Pre-Cat sensors for $41 a piece on clearance (5% off code floating around online too) and they are just Bosch purchased and reboxed.
DMage is offline   Reply With Quote