View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
dijinn

Last accident I witnessed, was in NYC 8th Ave & 42nd Street. BMW in the right turn lane with signal on goes to make the turn when the light turns green. A flatbed truck in the lane to the adjacent left of the BMW also makes a right turn... directly into the BMW. I stuck around until the police arrived and gave my witness statement.

About 2 months later, I get a call from a very nice lady stating she is with the insurance company (did not state which driver's insurance), telling me the conversation would be taped and if I was ok with answering some questions. I agree and describe the events as I witnessed them. She asks me if the BMW was perhaps positioned in the "lane" that is commonly reserved for cars to park along the curb. I state no it was clearly a turning lane. She spends the next 5 minutes trying to convince me otherwise and gets more and more belligerent with each passing minute. When I adamantly state no and I will not change my statement, it was a quick "Thank you for your time" and click.

I'm pretty sure she was with the flatbed owner's insurance company.
dijinn is offline   Reply With Quote