View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #20
Muzzle of Bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilut2 View Post
Nope! was my choice. These cars are not retaining their enough for me to worry about it. They are just as valuable as parts cars, if you have the patience to disassemble the parts and move them.

Everyone is entitled to their own perspective- that's what makes life interesting. I don't believe that a Porsche can be rationalized in cost of ownership and resale value, any more than a boat or airplane can. These machines are much more than transportation. Their value in ownership is measured in pure fun- no price tag can be placed on that. I can honestly say that my Boxster has improved my quality of life just by the smiles provided. My IMS bearing replacement was to ensure that there are many more smiles to come. Parting out my machine after an engine implosion would certainly be rain on my parade!
Let's not confuse what the objective is. The car is very fun to drive and it gets its legs stretched pretty good under my care. It's an 2002 YM that is showing its age and will cost more to keep running than I am generally willing to spend. I just cannot rationalizie the IMS upgrade when the 2009 and later model years are getting more practically priced. So from that perspective I am rolling the dice and hopefully I can get many more miles of fun before I upgrade.

Last edited by Muzzle of Bees; 06-23-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Muzzle of Bees is offline   Reply With Quote