View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
bobbyg

Garage
Porsche Boxster 986 engine trouble?

Hi guys,

I know there's lots of threads about white smoke coming from engine exhaust and most likely the culprit would be the AOS, and sometimes it's just normal, but I have a weirder problem I guess :-).

First of all, my engine is a 2000 2.5L with around 140k kms (87k miles) on it.

Last time I drove the car everything was fine. I used it again a couple of nights ago, and after like 30 minutes, it started making a loud whistling noise(like a fan belt slipping), which was embarrassing in traffic in the middle of the CBD.

I kept an eye on the engine parameters and all was fine. After the event we attended, we waited for everyone to leave to avoid the embarrassment, but when I started the engine, everything was fine.

That's until this morning, when I was going to fill the car, as soon as I started, a big, thick white smoke came out of the exhaust with a bad smell of burnt oil. Turned the engine off immediately, started again, with less smoke, but still calling Indian chiefs.

Can anyone please help? Did anyone has this happening before?
Thanks in advance guys, and a belated happy father's day to those who celebrated it yesterday (I still have to wait until September for mine :-) ).

Cheers and regards to all.
bobbyg is offline   Reply With Quote