View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
NickCats

Bmussatti, thanks for the response ! Actually, I’m an Alabama fan ! Got my undergrad at U of A ( Roll Tide ! ). Cats is my last name.

I have joined the PCA, just waiting for the membership information in the mail. I would like to get involved in the Chicago chapter, looks like they have a lot of great events planned. I agree with your comment about learning to “really drive” the car. I definitely have a lot of room for improvement. Funny, I received the same response on the Jaguar forum when I inquired about modifying my Jag…

I heard the autocross and DE eats up tires and brake pads pretty quick. Any advice ?

Dealer #6 is Rizza in Orland Park. I’ve been out there when I was looking for my Boxster, and I really liked the people there. Thanks for the info on MotorWerks, I work in Hoffman Estates and live in the NW burbs so that is the closest dealership. They quoted $850 for the 30k, but I think for $180 less Orland is worth the trip.

Perfectlap, wish I could claim the garage, but those are the pictures from the dealer where I got the car. Thanks for the advice on the tires, but I agree, I would hate to drive the car in the snow ( and the salt ) if I can help it. BTW, love the red interior on your S.

Sounds like ya’ll are in unison on the mods. I agree on the chip, I’ve heard some horror stories. I think I’ll take the advice and rather than do the exhaust and intake I would be better off learning to be a better driver.

BTW, car came hardwired for an Ipod and it works great ! I got to talk to the previous owner and he told me how he did it, so if anyone has the CDR-220 and is interested let me know. Only required two parts and was pretty cheap to accomplish.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice…
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote