View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
CrisZenithBlue

Driver's side window trouble

put my driver's side window up this morning and when it reached the top i heard a loud thump!! damn.. that doesnt sound good. i put it up and down a few times and it starts to sound normal so i make nothing of it. when trying to get out of the car i pull the door lever slightly, window goes down a bit but not enough to clear the upper plastic seal of the soft top. ok now i'm in trouble..
i pulled the top lever so the windows go into drop top mode and measured the gap for both windows to compare. I can fit 4 fingers between the window and top on the passenger side but only 3 on the driver's side.. now there's my problem.

window goes up and down normally, just doesnt come down enough to clear the seal. to get out of the car i have to lower the window, open the door, put the window up again and then close the door.

what am i dealing with here? did some guides move? that initial thump sounded pretty loud. feels like the entire window assembly moved one inch up.. there are no rattles or vibrations coming from the door.. but then again.. the thing is really well sound proofed.

thanks in advance!

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote