Thread: Behaving badly
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
Duquette5

Behaving badly

Not me ...for a change. Rocky decided today was the day to act up. After a 30 minute drive to my daughters school to drop her badge off something happened. Not sure what yet. There is a section where I pass the backside of an airport and come up to a school zone. I always just put it in neutral and coast past the school letting my speed bleed down from the 50's to the 20MPH school zone limit. I coast all the way through a little neighborhood and once at the stop sign at the bottom of the hill I shift back into gear.

Today when I shifted back into gear I could smell burning oil and see lots of smoke. My idle got wicked rough and I could hear exhaust popping on the drivers side. As I pulled onto my street my oil light came on and I could hear what sounds like an exhaust leak. I thought AOS - which I recently replaced. Got home pulled the cover and no oil on top of the engine at all. Once I cool down and Rocky cools down I will get the jack and stands out and crawl underneath. Without getting under it I'm guessing oil return seals.

Ugggg!!!